I’m a second year Old English student who thinks poetry is one of the highest forms of art. My poems always seem to be inadvertently pastoral, and I also play the harp which is traditionally very closely related to poetry, and has lead me to an interest in the bardic tradition.
Besides poetry I enjoy choir and college sport, and am keen to lend a supportive ear about any academic or personal worry, especially if it’s English!
Each year Corpus elects a Poet Laureate to regale us at each JCR meeting with a poem describing the events of the last two weeks (or for more stressful times a haiku describing why the Poet has not been able to properly fulfill their duties is traditional).
A catalogue of poems can be found below.
- Poems by Anna Cowan (elected Trinity Term 2021)
- Poems by Nicole Man (elected Trinity Term 2020)
- Poems by Caleb Barron (elected Trinity Term 2019)
- Poems by Liv Moul (elected Trinity Term 2018)
- Poems by Miriam Tomusk (elected Hilary Term 2017)
- Poems by Rob Jackson (elected Hilary Term 2016)
- Poems by Cleo Henry (elected Hilary Term 2015)